You love your designer bikini - its high-quality, amazing feel, how it complements your fantastic beach body, and how it turns heads on the beach! Now how do we keep it looking good?
There۪s a few things you can do to look after your designer swimsuit so that it will continue to hug your body in the right places after dipping in the pool or the beach.
Simple rules, really, just keep the following in mind:
- Keep the goo off! Don۪t let your sunscreen or tanning oil touch your luxury swimwear. Although they may not harm you, these products with all their chemicals can stain your swimsuit or damage its fabric.
- Stay off the rough! Only sit on towels, sheets or smooth surfaces as rough surfaces can damage your swimsuit۪s fibers, making them look haggard before their time.
- Chlorine and salt water be gone! Wash your suit out with non-salty water after you۪re done swimming as chlorine and salt water can fade bright colours. You can also try out specialty cleaning products designed specifically to help with making sure your designer swimwear lasts as long as possible.
- Stay away from the plastic. Don۪t store your wet swimsuit in a plastic bag when travelling. Doing so will speed up any damage that chemicals or salt water cause and, promote the growth of mildew or mold within the fibers.
- Use your hands. Wash swimsuits separately by hand with cool water and mild soap, and rinse thoroughly.You can also use swimwear cleaners that neutralize chemicals in pool water and salt water. (These are coming to Swimwear World very soon!) Never iron, steam, bleach, machine wash, or machine dry your luxury swimwear. Detergents and excessive heat will damage your suit.
- Shade not sun. Air dry your washed swimsuit in the shade, not under the sun. If you're anything like me, you may forget your drying bathing suit in the sun, and come back to find it cooked to death! Remember, shade, not sun!
In addition to the tips above, always follow the instructions on your swimsuit۪s label to maintain your designer swimwear۪s high quality and to maintain it۪s perfect fit for your beach body.