Girls, take a moment to think about how committed you are to yourself and your happiness. Chances are that you are not as committed as you would like to be. Remember, the first step to living a happy life is to fall in love with yourself. Here are ten easy rituals that will help you find, respect and love yourself today:
1. Every morning, stop by the mirror before you head out the door and take a minute to really look at yourself. Compliment yourself and make sure that you say it out loud. What better way to start the day than with some serious self loving?
2. Regardless of how busy your schedule is, take out half an hour a day for me-time. Use this half an hour to befriend yourself. Paint your toes, listen to your favourite record, read a book – whatever helps you reach your state of zen.
3. Learn to prioritize because trying to do everything simultaneously will do you no good. What is most important to you today? It could be getting a promotion at work, spending more time with your significant other or getting into the school of your dreams. Focus all your energy there and you will see results like never before.
4. Start respecting your body enough to think about how you treat it. Eat right, skip coffee, eight glasses of water a day, work out five times a week – these small lifestyle changes will have a massive impact on the rest of your life. Give this 30 minute full body work out a shot and get ready to feel like a total goddess.
5. They say that you are the sum of the five people you surround yourself with. Ensure that you surround yourself with positive people who make you feel good. Life is too short to indulge in negativity. Remember ladies, good vibes only!
6. Everyone loves a woman who can hold her own ground and so should you. Develop the confidence to stand by your opinion and what you believe in, even if the entire room is against you.
7. Nothing feels as good as being the reason for someone’s smile so make it your mission to do something good for someone else as often as you can. It could be something as small as helping an old lady cross the street to something as big as helping your friend get leads for his businesses. Making someone else smile will help you understand how valuable you are.
8. Make it a point to unplug at least once in a fortnight. That’s right, wipe off those looks of horror and listen up. Shut down your laptop, turn off your smartphone, put your tablet away and spend some time without technology. Write a letter, read a book, go bird watching, stare at the clouds or plan a picnic. You own your devices; they do not own you.
9. Be a grateful for the people around you and the life that you have, because there will always be someone who has it far worse. Start keeping a journal and write down five things that you are thankful for. Your love for yourself and the world around you will skyrocket!
10. Learn to let it go. Holding on to negativity from the past does more harm than good, girls. Forgive someone when they apologize and move on. Once you have freed yourself from the chains of the past, you can begin to love yourself truly, deeply and passionately.
Other interesting posts