Winged eyeliner is a timeless trick which looks as fabulous today as it did in the swinging sixties. The best part is that you can rock it during the day at work or at night with some sparkly touches; it looks extremely elegant either way!
Can you think of a better pick-me-up than getting your winged eyeliner right in the first attempt? It sounds like a near impossible feat, but once you are done with this post and a little bit of practice, you will be a true pro. All you need is an angled brush and gel or liquid liner.
1. Start by priming your eyelid with foundation or concealer as you usually do. This helps in making sure that your eye makeup lasts as long as possible.
2. Dip your angled brush in the eyeliner and draw a line sloping upward from the outer corner of your eye. This line will determine the length of the wing. It might be a good idea to pull the skin around your eye taut to ensure a smooth line.
3. Starting at the inner corner of your eye, apply your liner as close to the lash line as possible. You can make it as thick or thin as you like to suit the occasion. Join the liner to the flick that you created in the previous step.
4. Fill in any gaps with additional eyeliner using small strokes to ensure that you don’t mess up the wing. If you feel like you have made the wing too thick, long and misshaped, wipe it off with makeup removal wipes and start over. After three or four times, you won’t need even need to because you will get it right the first time.
5. Finish off with a few coats of mascara and you’re ready to own the world!
Other interesting posts