We all want to remove those fine lines and wrinkles which we know will form over the years. However, the trick is to prevent them and delay the aging process altogether. How is that possible, you ask? Well, that is what we are there for!
1. Ladies, this point is number one because it is the most important, so pay attention! Initiate a good skin care routine with products you trust and have used for a while. As far as possible, pick natural ingredients over chemicals. Avoid using hot water to wash your face or rubbing your face aggressively with a towel; instead, use lukewarm water and small face cloth to pat your skin dry.
2. Be aware of your facial gestures. Constant frowning or grimacing will invariably lead to wrinkles over the years, so be watchful. Remember, a smile is the best accessory to complement your designer swimwear, so turn that frown upside down!
3. Calling all beach babes! Stay alert and keep this one in mind on your next trip to the sands. Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 40 and avoid the sun during peak hours if you can. However, remember that everyone needs some Vitamin D from the sun so take a light sunbath in the morning or evening.
4. Now, you can be chic and winkle-free at the same time! Don sunglasses to protect your eyes and the soft skin around them, where sunscreen may not reach. Choose a pair that shelters your eyes from the glare – this will prevent you from squinting, which causes wrinkles near the eye area too.
5. Try to keep your weight as constant as possible. Weight fluctuations of more than 4 – 5 kilograms will cause your skin to lose its elasticity and form wrinkles faster. Not a good look for any sexy designer bikini clad goddess!
6. Give your skin the TLC it needs and keep it moisturized, because wrinkles tend to form faster on dehydrated skin. Make sure you drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water a day and moisturize with a gentle cream twice a day. This protocol is especially important for ladies who love the beach, because the harsh rays of the sun tend can cause a lot of damage in a short span of time.
7. Stop smoking – seriously. Apart from causing cancer, smoking is a horrible habit for the skin. It reduces the amount of oxygen being circulated around the body and hinders that golden glow from shining. When less oxygen is available to the skin, it begins to wrinkle. The mouth movements made while smoking also cause wrinkles in that area. Eww!
8. Try to sleep on your back as much as possible, to prevent pillow lines and gesture lines from becoming wrinkles. It is better for your breathing too! Switch your cotton pillow cases for silk ones (super luxe!), which are softer on the skin and reduce the likelihood of lines becoming wrinkles.
9. Eat healthy! Make sure you eat a balanced diet full of nutrients and antioxidants from fresh vegetables and foods. Leafy greens, tomatoes and nuts are particularly effective in preventing wrinkles, and you can easily whip up some delicious versions of these healthy bites. Think salads, smoothies, trail mix and more. If your skin is healthy, it will glow like you won’t believe!
10. Try to eat more fish oils. It might sound like an appalling idea; however these oils are rich in omega-3 and omega-6, which helps to prevent wrinkles. Fish also helps to naturally reduce inflammation, making the skin glow instead. Trust us and give it a try – you will wonder how you were getting along without it for so long!
Other interesting posts